The job bulletin for a City of Los Angeles examination contains several sections and segments of information that are important to review prior to applying to your position of interest.
- Salary – The salary for the job is listed on the job bulletin. Starting salaries are not negotiable. Refer to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), for more information about salaries and other benefits.
- Duties – A very brief description of the duties are listed here. You should note that this job description is purposely made general because several different positions will exist in the classification with slightly different functions.
- Requirements/Minimum Qualifications – Each classification will have its own requirements/minimum qualifications that must be met in order to apply. Read carefully as there may be more than one requirement.
- Process Notes – Check this section for any exceptions to the Requirements/Minimum Qualifications, such as the ability to apply when lacking some experience or education.
- Where to Apply – Applications will only be accepted online. When you are viewing the online job bulletin of your choice, simply scroll to the top of the page and select the "Apply" icon. If you do not have access to a computer, there are computers available at the Personnel Department and City libraries.
- Application Deadline – You must apply to the position of interest before the deadline noted on the job bulletin.
- Selection Process – The selection process for each position you are applying for will vary. For more information about the examination process, please visit the Civil Service Examinations resource page.
- Notes – This section may include information on how to request a disability accommodation for testing, filing restrictions, and other valuable information.