$25.18 - $36.82
Senior Administrative Clerk Retirement Services
The duties of the Senior Administrative Clerk in the Retirement Services Section may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responding to telephone, email, fax, and in-person inquiries relating to pension benefits and functions of the section and department from financial institutions, members, and staff; conducting research and preparing all necessary related correspondences;
· Processing change of address, tax withholding requests, direct deposit requests by verifying and entering data into the benefits payment system and resolving any discrepancies;
· Uploading processed documents into electronic archive;
· Processing stop payments for lost, stolen, or damaged checks or returned payments; request re-issue of checks and direct deposits;
· Processing pension verification requests from governmental agencies, loan institutions, and members;
· Preparing the bi-weekly Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners General Manager letter; gather related pension information, circulate draft for review, and distribute final version;
· Processing monthly/mass update voluntary deduction requests from financial institutions and associations;
· Other related duties as assigned.
After completing initial training, employee will have the option of telecommuting up to three days a week;
· Candidates with pension benefits background, strong organizational and oral and written communications skills are highly desired. A 9/80 or 5/40 work schedule and tuition reimbursement program are available. The work location is at 701 E. 3rd Street, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Interested candidates should submit a completed Departmental Application, resume, and two (2) most recent performance evaluations (if available) via email to email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on Thursday, May 25. Submitted material will be reviewed to determine a reasonable number of candidates with the most relevant background and experience to interview. Candidates selected or interview will be contacted by Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions staff at a later date.