$25.18 - $36.82
Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions has a transfer opportunity for one (1) Senior Administrative Clerk in the Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP)/Service Pensions section. This position will be in-lieu for a Benefits Specialist position. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responding to member’s general benefit inquiries via telephone or written or electronic correspondence
· Gathering necessary documentation, running estimates, and creating correspondence
· Communicating with the City Attorney regarding documentation for processing applications and legal documents submitted by members.
· Under the guidance of Benefits Specialists, verifies member’s salary/final average and process retirement applications, DROP entries and/or DROP exits in pension administration system.
· Assist Benefits Specialists in reviewing forms submitted by members.
· Other duties as assigned
Candidates with pension benefits background, strong organizational and oral and written communications skills are highly desired. The work schedule is a 9/80 or 5/40 hybrid/telecommuting work schedule. Tuition reimbursement program is available. The work location is at 701 E. 3rd Street, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Interested candidates should submit a completed Departmental Application, resume, and two (2) most recent performance evaluations (if available) via email to email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on Thursday, May 25. Submitted material will be reviewed to determine a reasonable number of candidates with the most relevant background and experience to interview. Candidates selected or interview will be contacted by Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions staff at a later date.