$18.37 - $24.94
EXEMPT FROM CIVIL SERVICE
RELIEF RETIREMENT WORKER
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITH LAFPP
DEPARTMENT: Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions (LAFPP)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions (LAFPP) is accepting applications for Relief Retirement Worker. Job duties may include any of the following to assist with administrative support to various work units:
· Retrieving unit voicemails, answering telephones, and routing calls and messages to appropriate staff;
· Assisting with general office clerical work to include typing, scanning, photocopying, filing, and data entry;
· Processing incoming mail including opening, date stamping, sorting, logging, and distributing mail;
· Assisting with electronic file management that may include: preparing documents for scanning, scanning documents, perform QA testing on scanned documents; store electronic files in the appropriate places within the electronic content management system (DocuShare), review document indexing information for accuracy;
· Occasionally moving items weighing up to 25 pounds between storage and work areas;
· Other duties as assigned.
HOURS: Relief Retirement Workers are employed on an as-needed basis. Working hours will be scheduled any time between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a maximum of 1,040 hours per service year. A service year begins on the start date of employment and on each anniversary date thereafter. There is no minimum guaranteed number of hours. The selected candidate(s) must be willing to work up to 28 hours per week, as required.
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed City application and resume via email to email@example.com. This opportunity will be open until a sufficient number of applications have been received. The application period may close at any time.
The selected candidate(s) must pass a physical exam administered by a City physician and will be subject to a background check, including fingerprinting. Upon hire, selected candidate must also show proof of identity and legal right to work in the United States.
This position is not permanent civil service employment. There are no medical, dental, or retirement benefits. The position qualifies for Compensated Personal Time Off benefits which may be accrued and used in accordance with the Los Angeles Administrative Code Section 4.110.1. Candidates who worked as part-time, exempt employees with the City of Los Angeles in the past 12 months may not be eligible to apply.