Exempt | Location: Civic Center
The Department of Animal Services is recruiting for one as-needed
part-time Administrative Clerk who would support the activities of the Accounting
The duties of this position may include but are not limited to:
incoming mail and returned checks.
- Inputting invoices
submitting by spay and neuter contractor(s) into the Department’s Vet Portal.
- Inputting payment
information to veterinary hospitals into the Department’s Vet Portal.
- Issuance of spay
and neuter vouchers to qualifying City residents via the Department’s Vet
owner/animal information in the Department’s database (also known as “Chameleon”).
- Filing of Accounting Division’s documents
(Daily Remittance Reports, S/N Payments, and Donation Receipts, etc.).
- Runner to City Hall for delivery of administrative
documents to the Mayor’s Office, Council Offices, City Attorney, and the
- Other duties
- Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to deal tactfully and
effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to use standard office
equipment, including computer terminals and printers with some skill in their
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates a competent work history
and attendance record in good-standing.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to work under minimal
- Ability to understand and follow
- Ability to make good decisions and
- Must be able to work in an office
environment with other staff.
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude.
How to apply
Submit a City application
(http//per.ci.la.ca.us/Forms/Application.pdf) by March 31, 2023 to:
Attention: Arthur Palomar
200 North Spring Street, Room 1805
Los Angeles CA 90012