FILING PERIOD: September 28, 2022 to December 2, 2022 or until a sufficient number of applications is received.
JOB LOCATION: Downtown/Los Angeles Civic Area
RATE OF PAY: $18.01 per hour
· DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction and guidance of a full-time LACERS staff, the Relief Retirement Worker performs various duties relating to the administrative tasks within the department.DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective writing skill demonstrated in a clear and concise manner, accuracy, and efficiency;
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally in a work environment;
- Excellent organizational skills to multi-task, complete multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Good self-motivation skills, including taking initiative, setting goals and working independently after understanding the division’s objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Effective listening skills to understand and follow instructions willingly;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Access and the ability to learn new computer systems;
- The ability to operate standard office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills to develop reports or recommendations, and assess courses of action in different situations
*Some positions will require a clean driving record*
The selection process will consist of an oral interview. Only those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be scheduled for an oral interview.
Interested candidates should submit the following to LACERS’ Human Resources via this upload link Relief Retirement Worker Upload Link:
1. Regular City Application
3. Contact information for three professional references Reference Check Form Download Link
When submitting the required information, please label your submission with your Last name, First name, Relief Retire Worker and type of document. (i.e. Smith, John Admin Intern City Application).