ADMINISTRATION DIVISION (2 Vacancies)
Administrative Intern II (Class Code 1535-2)
Salary: $22.30 - $24.19 per hour
The Bureau of Engineering (BOE) is responsible for the City’s vast network of infrastructure within the public
right of way, and includes the planning, design, and construction of public facilities, and the management and
delivery of voter-approved public bond funds, Federally-funded projects, and the delivery of cross-sector local
government programs, that serve millions of residents and businesses in diverse neighborhoods and
industries. The Bureau employs over 700 engineers, architects, surveyors, technical support staff, and
administrative professionals who deliver comprehensive, innovative engineering services by using best in-class management practices and fostering multi-agency collaborations that are transparent and accountable.
Graduation from a recognized four-year college or university. Applicants must also have the legal right to
work in the United States. Applicants must have good knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office suite. Applicants
with experience or completed courses in communications, graphic design, and administrative/clerical functions
are preferred. Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills are required.
A valid California driver’s license and a good driving record may be required prior to appointment.
The Incumbent assigned to this position will support the Administrative Division’s administrative support
activities to include:
- Updating, maintaining, and organizing files for records retention.
- Creating recruitment materials such as flyers, handouts, and social media content.
- Assisting with the preparation of career fair and special event materials for recruitment.
- Preparing, organizing, and reviewing confidential interview materials.
- Processing Specialized Training and Tuition Reimbursement requests for BOE staff.
- Communicating and work effectively with staff, prospective candidates, professionals, and vendors.
- Assisting with other clerical duties as requested and directed by management.