- Review subrecipient transactions submitted to the City to ensure compliance with
contract requirements, accurate accounting, reporting of grant funds, adherence
to budget limitations, and timely submission of financial reports;
- Process encumbrance and payment transactions within the City Financial
- Management System (FMS 2.0);
- Assist in preparing financial reports of revenue and expenditure in accordance
with grant requirements;
- Prepare single audit schedules and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) conversion worksheets;
- Upload invoices into Invoice Tracking system;
- Assist with budget review & budget modifications;
- Conduct periodic fiscal monitoring visits of contracted agencies;
- Provide technical assistance to agencies via phone or in person;
- Other related duties and tasks, as assigned.
Requirements: An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
Must have at least 24 semester/36 quarter units in accounting, or a major in accounting, or at least two years of accounting experience at the level of City Accountant. Must possess excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills. Must have experience and strong track record working with community-based organizations, working as part of a team, while also demonstrating initiative and ability to work independently.
SALARY RANGE: $61,888.32 - $72, 808.56 (Mayoral Aide V, Step 1-7, commensurate
with education, skills and experience)