Personnel Services Selection
The Fire Department’s Professional Standards Division seeks to fill one Management Analyst vacancy. Responsibilities include:
· Review and report on the user and technical
effectiveness of the Fire Department's (Department) Complaint Tracking System
(CTS). Responsible for: entering, monitoring, and managing of complaints in
order to ensure the most timely and effective resolution or investigation;
categorizing complaints; obtaining relevant documents/information related to
complaints; on-site and off-site training of Department employees on the proper
use of CTS; interacting with representatives from the Information Technology
Agency (ITA) to discuss CTS modification and revisions; coordinating resolution
of Department-wide CTS technical difficulties and notifying the Professional
Standards Division (PSD) Commander of complaint resolution trends or CTS usage
Consult with PSD command staff to determine case assignments and complaint closures.
· Gather statistical information and prepare narrative and numerical reports on PSD activities for review by the Fire Commission, Office of the Independent Assessor, Fire Chief, PSD command staff, departmental Bureau Commanders, and elected representatives. Reports include, but are not limited to: FireStat updates, active case statistics, investigators' caseloads, discipline reports, complaint trends for specific worksites or individual employees, specific work locations or individual supervisors' response to complaint referrals, technical difficulties with the full or continued implementation of CTS and workload indicators in support of staffing levels and budgetary requests.
· Prepare PSD's fiscal year budget, monitor, and report on line item expenditures and balances throughout the fiscal year.
· Assist with the development, modification, and preparation of various documents, forms, correspondence, and memorandums related to CTS and the activities of PSD including, but not limited to, correspondence to employees affected by the filing of a complaint, user manuals, memorandums to Department offices, and budgetary and training requests.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
201 N Figueroa St., 12th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Interested candidates are to submit a Departmental Application and resume to email@example.com by 8:00 a.m., on January 20, 2022.
Do not call to report in, only accepting emailed submissions.
Please indicate Management Analyst – LAFD/PSD, and your first and last name in the subject line of your email.