Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions has a transfer opportunity for one (1) Management Analyst with the Investments Division. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provides timely funding of calls for capital on investment commitments; authorizes and ensures receipt of cash and in-kind distributions and orders for sale of stock through brokerage accounts as needed; maintains spreadsheet records of cash flows from the Pension Fund’s more than 300 private equity and real estate partnerships and real estate properties
· Evaluates the Pension Fund’s ongoing and anticipated cash requirements on a daily basis; monitors balances in the various cash and investment accounts; maintains records of over 150 active custodial accounts and directs opening and closing of accounts in accordance with investment activity as necessary; and transfers funds between the Fund’s custodial accounts and the City Treasury to ensure availability of funds for the Fund’s pension benefits and operational expenses
· Reviews quarterly invoices from investment advisors and calculates asset management fees in compliance with the terms of their contracts; ensures advisors’ ongoing compliance with insurance requirements; and recommends approval for payment
· Monitors the actual asset allocation and makes recommendations on liquidating investment holdings to maintain liquidity as needed
· Attends regularly scheduled Board and investment manager meetings and other meetings as directed
· Performs investment oriented research and prepares reports for the Investment Officers and Board as directed.
Candidates with strong organizational and written and oral communications skills are highly desired. A 9/80 or 5/40 work schedule and a tuition reimbursement program are available. The work location is 701 E. 3rd Street, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Interested candidates should submit a completed Departmental Application, resume, and two most recent performance evaluations (if available) via email to email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. Submitted material will be reviewed to determine a reasonable number of candidates with the most relevant background and experience to interview. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions staff at a later date.