Office of Councilmember Nithya Raman, Los Angeles City Council, 4th District
We are seeking thoughtful, hard-working, and compassionate team members to work in a
collaborative, fast-paced environment. Public policy, legal, planning, and government
experience is valued as is public speaking and consensus-building experience. Most important
is that you are self-starting, energetic, and dedicated to bringing about positive policy change.
The City of Los Angeles values diversity, equity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage
any and all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their racial or ethnic background, sex,
gender identity or any other protected background.
The Office of Councilmember Nithya Raman seeks an additional Field Deputy who will be
assigned to one or multiple neighborhoods within the district. They will work closely with the rest
of the Field Team and City Hall staff to ensure constituents in the district have their needs met
and that district priorities and information about important issues are proactively communicated
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diligence, high ethical standards, focus, flexibility, a capacity for hard work, and a
willingness to work closely with multiple team members.
- Worked with neighborhood stakeholders to help build consensus around a project or
issue, where there were a variety of differing opinions.
- Worked as a community organizer with responsibility for building grassroots support for
an initiative, project, or campaign.
- Represented an elected official, political candidate, community organization or business
to a group of community stakeholders, where it was their responsibility to effectively
communicate a public narrative.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and enthusiasm about Councilmember
Raman’s policies, priorities and values.
- Successfully assisted a member of the community by engaging a government agency to
help solve a complex problem.
- Successfully delivered a project in a challenging setting, with many stakeholders, from
start to completion.
- Fluency in communicating in Spanish and/or Armenian is a plus.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively engaging, communicating with, and building relationships with constituents
and community groups.
- Fielding, replying to, and relaying constituent concerns, complaints and ideas to
appropriate City Hall staff and City departments to ensure that constituents’ needs are
met in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Working with the Communications team to ensure constituents have knowledge of and
access to appropriate resources and messaging from the Council office meets the needs
- Identifying and driving neighborhood priorities in accordance with district-wide priorities
- Working creatively to problem solve on behalf of constituents and identify governmental
and nongovernmental solutions to neighborhood concerns.
The position is full-time and exempt from Civil Service. Compensation will be based on
experience, and includes excellent benefits.