The Special Assistant is a high-profile entry-level (Part-Time, Temporary) role that will support the Controller’s Executive team, acting as staff/driver for the Controller, fulfilling staffing needs associated with the Controller’s schedule - in addition, acting as a utility player assisting the Executive and Scheduling staff with clerical and other duties as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Staff and drive the Controller to meetings, special events and speaking engagements as needed;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with staff of elected officials;
- Some research, data collection, letters and internal communications such as briefings;
- Manage and assist various projects, priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Act as liaison between the Controller and Executive staff while in the field.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, working for an elected official preferred;
- Flexible with regard to schedule;
- Strong ability to navigate streets of Los Angeles with the assistance of navigational apps (Google Maps, Waze, etc);
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to evolving situations;
- Creative self-starter with a desire to serve the public interest;
- Strong time management and oral/written communications skills;
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and office software such as Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Bachelor’s degree required; and
- Valid CA driver license & clean driving record required.
In accordance with Los Angeles City Ordinance 187134, candidates must meet the minimum requirement of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an exemption and report their vaccination status prior to being hired by the hiring City department. The ordinance is available at https://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2021/21-0921_ord_187134_8-24-21.pdf