Accounting Clerk general functions in the Financial Management Division includes communicating with other departments and the Office of the Controller to resolve accounting problems. Run financial reports (e.g., Merlin, InfoAdvantage, PaySR or BSS Cost Accounting). Create work processing procedures. Train and assign work to interns. Perform other related task as may be assigned. The functions in the Financial Management Division include:
Procurement & Accounts Payable
· Prepare Contract Purchase Orders and process invoices for payment.
· Process FMS orders and requisitions.
· Research and resolve vendor inquiries regarding non-payment of invoices.
· Prepare General Encumbrance Forms, request for Contract Purchase Orders and other financial documents.
· Perform vendor set up and maintenance in the FMS
· Prepare and maintain expenditure spreadsheets.
· Assist in the completion of prior year encumbrance exercise.
Payroll & Timekeeping
· Processing payroll in accordance with guidelines and standards set forth by the Bureau, Controller’s Office, CAO, MOU, Admin Code and FLSA to meet payroll deadlines.
· Researching and resolving time keeping errors, analyzing payroll problems, and reviewing payroll reports.
· Responding to timekeepers and supervisors regarding payroll-related inquiries and questions.
· Processing prior Pay Period Adjustment, Form-41 adjustment Mileage/Carfare/Telephone Reimbursements, Subpoenas, Employment verification, Injury-on-Duty, Jury Duty, Emergency Check and Bonus Audit.
· Monitoring employees on leave (FMLA, Medical and Personal).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSKnowledge of the FMS, PaySR, or D-Time is desirable. Operate basic office equipment, personal computer, calculator and software. To work with information requiring close attention to detail. General knowledge on the content and purpose of basic accounting documents such as invoices and purchase order forms
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume and application at this email address:
ATTENTION: JOSEPH HUDZIK BSS.PERSONNEL@LACITY.ORG