Personnel Director III – Harbor Department.
Willing to accept applications from Sr. Personnel Analyst II's and Sr. Labor Relations Specialist II's whom are currently participating in the Personnel Director examination process.
· This position reports directly to the Deputy Executive Director of Finance and Administration and services as Division Director for the 18 staff members of the Human Resources Division. In this role, plans, directs, and controls a comprehensive personnel and support program including labor relations, discipline, grievance handling, employee development, selection and employee processing, various personnel programs and mail services;
· Represents management at meeting of the City Council, Council Committees, Civil Service Commission, Employee Relations Board, Board of Harbor Commissioners, and various outside organizations;
· Serves as the Department’s representative in collective bargaining sessions involving 24 bargaining units; recommends special salary adjustments for management and non-rep employees to CAO and City Council; and meets with employee unions to resolve issues;
· Recommends to management appropriate disposition of disciplinary matters, grievances, and manages on-call pool of specialized investigators;
· Advises management and makes recommendations on all personnel matters including classification, examination, recruitment, application of City Charter, Civil Services, and Department personnel policies;
· Directs employee development programs including needs assessments, development of training plans, selection of consultant/subject matter experts to assist with training;
· Directs the medical examination and evaluation services (pre-employment, work fitness, annual medicals, drug testing, etc.) which are conducted by an outside medical firm;
· Directs the Employee Assistance Program and Executive Recruiter On-Call Contract;
· Directs Equal Employment Opportunity, Racial Equity, and Gender Equity Programs, and makes recommendations on resolution of discrimination complaints;
· Directs a variety of personnel programs including drug testing (pre-employment, Department of Transportation, United States Coast Guard, and For Cause), tuition reimbursement, reimbursement for lost or stolen property, performance evaluations, and commuter vanpools;
· Develops and manages the Human Resources Division Budget of $3.3M;
· Serves as Conflict of Interest Filing Officer, manages the coordination of the Harbor’s Conflict of Interest Code requirements and reporting;
· Manages Position Control for the Department including maintaining a Position Control database.
Interested candidates, please email a City Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00p.m., on Friday, October 1, 2021.