We are seeking thoughtful, hard-working, and compassionate team members to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Public policy, legal, planning, and government experience is valued as is public speaking and consensus-building experience. Most important is that you are self-starting, energetic, and dedicated to bringing about positive policy change.
The City of Los Angeles values diversity, equity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage any and all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their racial or ethnic background, sex,gender identity or any other protected background.
Seeking a staff member with special expertise in and passion for addressing homelessness for Councilmember Nithya Raman’s office. We are looking for an individual who can represent our office in responding to homeless issues across the varied neighborhoods of the district. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative problem solver with a passion for working in local government, specifically on issues related to homelessness.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 1+ year(s) working with people experiencing homelessness in a professional, full-time capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Administration, or related field
- Compassion, commitment to, and enthusiasm for addressing the concerns and needs of CD4 residents, including both unhoused and housed residents
- Certificates &/or training related to trauma-informed care, crisis intervention, de-escalation, and harm reduction
- Knowledge of CES and SPAs 2 and 4-based resources a plus
- Fluency in communicating in Spanish a plus
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work under the direction of the Homelessness Coordinator and Homelessness Liaison Team Lead to deploy to non-emergency, urgent homelessness-related issues andconcerns throughout the district
- Provide direct service contact with unhoused constituents including, but not limited to, litter removal, item storage, resource referrals, and other duties as assigned
- Work collaboratively with other government entities and nonprofit entities to ensure efficient and effective homelessness-related service delivery
- Work with appropriate Field Manager(s) to respond to email, phone, and other homelessness-related constituent communications and conduct site visits as needed
- Maintain accurate service and deployment records
The position is full-time and exempt from Civil Service. Compensation will be based on experience, and includes excellent benefits.