Records Unit

Emergency Appointments, Request for Leave of Absence, Eligible List information, and EWH assistance

The Records Unit reviews and processes a variety of personnel transactions, such as transfers, leave of absences, suspensions and terminations of City employees to ensure compliance with Civil Service Rules and Personnel Policies. Staff reviews the disposition of all certifications to ensure appointments are in accordance with the Rule of Three Whole Scores.

To obtain a copy of an eligible list you are currently on, or to know your rank on an eligible list, please email  In the body of the email, please include your first and last name, the last four digits of your social security number, and the title of the examination.

Request for Transfer, Voluntary Reversion or Class Change under Charter Section 1014 (Form General 16B)
FOR department use only!

The Personnel Department utilizes CityGrows, an online system designed to improve processes and increase efficiency, to process all transfer requests.  To submit a Request for Transfer, Departments click on the following button:

submit Request for Transfer

for personnel employees only

ID Badges

To request a new or replacement Employee ID Badge, Personnel Department employees must email  Non-Personnel Department employees should contact their Department’s Personnel Services section.