City of Los Angeles Personnel Department
LAPD Annual Salaries - September 2011 to June 2014ADVANCED STEP HIRING, AND BONUSES
New Recruits are hired at Step 1 unless additional education and/or experience applies. Full salary and benefits are provided while Recruit is in training at the Academy. Salaries are adjusted annually.
|RANK||STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3||STEP 4||STEP 5||STEP 6||STEP 7|
|PO I & II A||$46,583||$48,462||$50,342||$53,160||$58,213||$60,552||$62,932|
ADVANCED STEP HIRING INFORMATION
- College Credit
- Candidates having at least 60 college units, with an overall GPA of 2.0 or better, are advanced to Step 2.
- Candidates having a BA/BS degree will be advanced to Step 3.
- Note: There is no special consideration given for graduate degrees.
- Candidates with sworn police officer experience are advanced one Step for every TWO years of completed service.
- Note: Maximum starting salary for laterals, regardless of amount of experience, military service, and education, is Step 4 of PO I. Military law enforcement experience and Reserve Police Officer experience are not applicable.
- Military Credit
- Candidates with military service resulting in an honorable discharge are advanced one Step for every TWO years of completed service.
- Note:Maximum starting salary for candidates with military service resulting in an honorable discharge, regardless of amount of experience, military service, and education, is Step 4 of PO I.
- Longevity Pay
- Officers who remain in the class of Police Officer will receive longevity pay:
- $182.70 per month after 10 years
- $367.114 per month after 15 years
- $549.84 per month after 20 years
- Uniform, Maintenance, & Equipment Allowance
- An annual allowance is paid to officers for uniform replacement, maintenance, and other professional expenses.
ADDITIONAL SALARY INFORMATION
|DETECTIVE I TO III||$84,982-$117,742||COMMANDER||$162,885-$191,678|
|SERGEANT I TO II||$94,774-$111,541||DEPUTY CHIEF I||$177,355-$220,409|
|LIEUTENANT I TO II||$111,541-$131,168||DEPUTY CHIEF II||$208,278-$258,766|
|CAPTAIN I TO III||$131,126-$172,030|
An Equal Opportunity Employer