City of Los Angeles Personnel Department
LAPD Annual Salaries - September 2011 to June 2014ADVANCED STEP HIRING, AND BONUSES
New Recruits are hired at Step 1 unless additional education and/or experience applies. Full salary and benefits are provided while Recruit is in training at the Academy. Salaries are adjusted annually.
|Police Officer I & II - Schedule A||STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3||STEP 4||STEP 5||STEP 6||STEP 7|
New Police Officers (POs) are hired at salary Step 1 of Schedule A unless advance step hiring applies.* After 6 months of service, POs I receive the first step increase and, after 12 months of additional service, receive another step increase and promote to PO II. Thereafter, annual salary step increases are received up to Step 6 of Schedule A. After completing the salary steps of Schedule A, POs II receive their next annual step increase beginning at Step 2 of Schedule 2, and receive annual step increases thereafter up to Step 7.
|Police Officer II - Schedule 2||STEP 1||STEP 2||STEP 3||STEP 4||STEP 5||STEP 6||STEP 7|
ADVANCED STEP HIRING INFORMATION
- College Credit
- Candidates having at least 60 college units, with an overall GPA of 2.0 or better, are advanced to Step 2.
- Candidates having a BA/BS degree will be advanced to Step 3.
- Note: There is no special consideration given for graduate degrees.
- Candidates with sworn police officer experience are advanced one Step for every TWO years of completed service.
- Note: Maximum starting salary for laterals, regardless of amount of experience, military service, and education, is Step 4 of PO I. Military law enforcement experience and Reserve Police Officer experience are not applicable.
- Military Credit
- Candidates with military service resulting in an honorable discharge are advanced one Step for every TWO years of completed service.
- Note:Maximum starting salary for candidates with military service resulting in an honorable discharge, regardless of amount of experience, military service, and education, is Step 4 of PO I.
- Longevity Pay
- Officers who remain in the class of Police Officer will receive longevity pay:
- $201.84 per month after 10 years
- $405.42 per month after 15 years
- $607.26 per month after 20 years
- Uniform, Maintenance, & Equipment Allowance
- An annual allowance is paid to officers for uniform replacement, maintenance, and other professional expenses.
ADDITIONAL SALARY INFORMATION
|DETECTIVE I TO III||$88,427-$122,503||COMMANDER||$169,483-$199,446|
|SERGEANT I TO II||$98,616-$109,912||DEPUTY CHIEF I||$184,537-$229,346|
|LIEUTENANT I TO II||$116,051-$136,472||DEPUTY CHIEF II||$216,734-$269,248|
|CAPTAIN I TO III||$136,430-$178,983|
An Equal Opportunity Employer