The City offers a variety of benefits to encourage the use of public transportation and other means of commuting not involving single vehicle ridership. This in turn helps reduce air pollution and traffic congestion and support a more sustainable, livable environment for the Los Angeles area. Programs include the following:
- A Transit Reimbursement program providing up to $50 per month to individuals who use public transportation to commute. To acess the form, click: http://www.per.lacity.org/transitform.pdf
- A Transit Spending Account allowing employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for transit expenses, and providing a Transit Match of up to $50 per month. Enroll or access your account at keepingLAwell.com.
- A Bike/Walk to work program providing up to $50 per month to individuals who walk or bike to work. http://www.per.lacity.org/bikewalk.htm
- A Vanpool Program operating over 90 vans commuting from the greater Los Angeles area to common City work locations. Click here to learn more: http://www.per.lacity.org/vanpool.htm
- A Carpool Program helping match employees interested in sharing transportation costs and provides reduced parking fees. Click here to learn more: http://www.per.lacity.org/commuter.htm